Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Always Get Dizzy After The Trendmill

Lima taxi driver: a tribute

I think it was the Argentine Martín Caparrós chronicler, who called the taxi driver once as the last recourse of mediocre journalists. Talk of the journalist, as the only "voice of the people" to hear the taxi driver who takes him from the airport to the luxury hotel. In other words, any journalist who thinks highly of itself, should be careful not to cite the taxi driver. I do it anyway. For the taxi drivers in this city are a million reasons why I returned. They require humane prices, have all patience in the world and are more entertaining than any soap opera.
took today I clock at half past seven in the evening a taxi in the remote district of Miraflores. The first taxi driver I stopped, an elderly, rotund man, would not allow to trade with them, as is usual. The price was reasonable, and I got. "Oh Senhorita if you knew how I hate this job," the taxi driver sighed at once. For 42 years he has been driving taxi, and he hated it, every day, from Sunday to Sunday, it seats 12 or more hours in taxis. "I just do not have other talents," he says. Or rather, "a big heart I have, I can anyone be angry." Then he erzäht me about his mishap two years ago, it was his brand new car stolen. Today, this he still choose to pay off the loan. $ 400 month, he still has a year to get them together.
While we are in the evening traffic jam, he told me about his wife that they did a good marriage, that she was but a little strict, that it had already 13 surgeries, including a hysterectomy, and that he go tomorrow to mammography is.
two daughters he has also, they are his pride and joy. Because the money was not enough, she had to quit law school, but it has the oldest, a 26-year-old, now found a serious marriage candidate. An officer. "Four weeks ago he asked me quite literally, if he see my daughter should, "and since then the two are a couple.
arrive when we finally in Miraflores, I know his family history, but not his name." Oh, how I hate this job, "he sighs again, put up my 12 soles and sets out to search for the next customer. And I'm still trapped by its history and I feel absolutely no matter whether it is true or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment